Administrative Assistant/Receptionist/Office Manager
Established naturopathic medical center has an excellent opportunity for a 30-40 hr/week Administrative Assistant/Receptionist with prospects of becoming an Office Manager.
Summary of Role:
We are seeking a dynamic administrative professional with proven leadership experience to join our team. Our ideal candidate will be an integral team member who understands the mission of our clinic and will assist the Operations Manager in managing day-to-day business operations. This individual will be responsible for greeting patients as they arrive, attending to the phone lines, responding to inquiries, processing payments and scheduling appointments. The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will also be responsible for a variety of other assigned administrative duties to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the practice.
This position will report directly to the current Office Manager. On-the-job training will be provided.
Key Core Competencies
Some of the key skills and competencies for this position include:
- Accountability & Dependability - takes personal responsibility and pride for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results.
- Relationship Management & Team Work - Promotes cooperation and commitment with the team towards the attainment of common goals and promotes positive teamwork with staff members
- Customer Service Orientation - Ensures and maintains patient satisfaction with the services offered by the clinic, including creating a welcoming and patient focused environment.
- Planning and Organizing – maximizes time available in organizing work to accomplish tasks in a timely manner. ‘A focus and finish approach’
- Communication - Clearly conveys information to a variety of audiences including staff, doctors, patients and product representatives to ensure the message is delivered and understood, creating a positive impression with patients.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to changes and to respond effectively to changing circumstances.
- Problem Solving – Identifies the issues, evaluates possible solutions, and determines the best option to apply to the situation.
- Time Management - Maximizes time in order to accomplish as many tasks as possible in a timely manner keeping in mind prioritizing tasks as needed.
- Attention to Detail - is attentive to details particularly in the dispensing of products, handling cash and account transactions, and entering information in the database
Job Type: Part to full-time (30-40 hours per week)
Start date: immediately
- Respond to patient inquiries providing knowledgeable and accurate information on a variety of topics such as naturopathic medicine, services offered, hours of operation, directions, payment and insurance options, billing inquiries and scheduling.
- Provide new patients with required paperwork ensuring all signatures are obtained and important information is noted such as allergies and pharmacy information, inputting into Nourish’s practice management software (CharmEHR).
- Attend to the clinic’s phone system, answering calls in a timely and friendly manner.
- Schedule appointments over the phone and in person according to the clinic’s scheduling policy and procedures.
- Contact patients with reminder calls of their upcoming appointments, advising of any pertinent appointment-specific information such as payments, prescriptions, or pending lab results. Reschedule appointments as necessary.
- Know the daily patient schedule to ensure efficient operations and prepare for the following business day.
- Assist with receiving and processing incoming lab results and medical records.
- Greet all patients promptly and courteously as they arrive at the office, checking them in and notifying the appropriate parties to help doctors stay on-schedule.
- Ensure prescribed treatment plan is clear for patients at check-out.
- Verify all procedures have been entered into the practice management software application accurately, entering or amending procedure codes as required.
- Help patients obtain in-office supplements and place orders on the online store (Fullscript).
- Collect monies owing from patients as they check-out, processing cash, debit and credit transactions.
- Assist in doctors’ communications with imaging centers, pharmacies, and requesting medical records or other information needed.
- Update patient personal information as requested such as change of address, change in phone number and change to or addition of insurance provider.
- Ensure the reception area and waiting room are clean and tidy at all times.
- Reply to patient messages and ensure their needs are met and followed through with.
- Assist with supplement inventory and ordering medical supplies.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties as assigned in a timely and accurate manner.
- High school diploma or GED, and an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge and appreciation of naturopathic medicine is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct work experience in a receptionist capacity required. Preference will be given to those with previous healthcare receptionist or business experience.
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office applications, Mac Computers, and electronic medical systems.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures and understanding of HIPAA requirements.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with a wide variety of people including patients, product suppliers, doctors, staff and others.
- General mathematical skills.
- Adjusts and is flexible to meet changing work needs and demands in a fast paced environment.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment operation such as photocopier and fax machine.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively with other coworkers.
For consideration, please email your resume to NourishMedicalHR@gmail.com.