What to Expect
• A thorough investigation of your medical concerns
• Comprehensive medical and lifestyle history
• Review of medications and supplements that you are currently taking
• Analysis of past lab work and creation of new lab and functional lab orders
• Appropriate physical exam if deemed necessary (in-person consults only)
• Establishing your health goals
• Detailed explanation of Dr. Jess's treatment recommendations and action plan
Prepare for Your First Visit
Choose your preferred location for your doctor visit. Dr. Jess is available over the phone, video (Doxy) or you can see Dr. Jess in-person at Nourish Medical Center.
Request a timeslot (see links below). A Nourish patient coordinator will contact you and confirm your appointment time. For new patients, they will also send you an intake and consent form to get you started.
Complete the New Patient Intake and consent forms prior to your visit. Be sure to list your current medications and supplements so Dr. Jess can help organize, prioritize and guide you with best quality and dosage recommendations.
If you have recent blood work, imaging or tests completed by your prior doctor or health care provider from the past year, please organize and bring these reports to your first visit. You can also get a head start by uploading these on the Patient Portal under Documents before your appointment.
The Day of Your Appointment
• If your appointment is IN-PERSON at Nourish Medical Center, visit our contact page to review directions and parking instructions prior to your visit for prompt arrival time. You can also take a virtual tour of the medical center to familiarize yourself before you come.
• If your appointment is on the PHONE, Dr. Jess will call you at the time of your scheduled appointment. If you haven't received a call within 10 minutes of your appointment time, please call our office.
• If your appointment is on VIDEO, click HERE at the time of your scheduled appointment. Doxy video consults work best on Chrome or Firefox browsers. To use with your mobile device, please download the Doxy.me App.
• For any questions, feel free to call 619-345-3111. Please keep in mind we have a 48 hour $50 cancellation policy to respect the needs of Dr. Jess's wait-list.