Dr. Roger Mignosa, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine,
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physician
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Licensed by the Osteopathic Medical Board of California
- Residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at University of California, Los Angeles
- Board Certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Professor of Medicine at the University of Arizona, Center for Integrative Medicine
- Faculty for the Academy of Integrative Pain Management and the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine
- National and international lecturer for medical conferences in the field of pain, exercise, mental health, and more.
- Clinical research grant recipient form the Association of Academic Physiatrists and study leader at Stanford University & the VA Hospital of Palo Alto while in osteopathic medical school.
- Rotary Goodwill Ambassadorial Scholar for the University of Queensland, Australia with the study of clinical exercise science.
- Regents Scholar at the University of California, Irvine in the field of Chemistry/Biochemistry
- All-American Triathlete
Why I become a doctor?
- As a high school athlete I suffered from injury after injury. I clearly remember my desperate search for answers and the horrible day when a physician told me to give up running at 16 years old. At that point I decided to become my own physician. I studied nutrition, exercise science, psychology, and everything that I found to be of value. In six months I returned to running and I haven’t stopped.
- Being an osteopathic physician means addressing the deepest roots of suffering on an individual level. Each of us has a unique story in which we experience adversity and search for answers. It gives me great joy to help people understand their health and assist in the achievement of their goals.
What conditions I love to treat:
- Athletic Injuries/Sports Performance for children & adults
- Pain – All Joints, Pelvis, Spine, & Head
- Pre & Post Orthopedic Surgical Care
- Balance and Gait Difficulty
- Pregnant Women & Newborns