Dr. Christina Martinez,
*Each Nourish Medical Center associate provider is an independent contractor working collaboratively to provide complete wellness care for our patients.
Credentials, Education, & Achievements:
- Bachelors in Science, UCLA
- N.D Southwest College of Naturopathic Doctor – Accredited Degree , High Academic Achievement
- Licensed by the State of California Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Member, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Special Training and Emphasis on:
• Lyme and Associated Diseases (ILADS)
• Environmentally Induced Illness (EHS)
Why I became a doctor?
- Many factors played a role in my becoming a naturopathic doctor. When I was in my late teens, I fell severely ill and experienced the power of integrative/holistic healing first hand. This started my love affair with alternative ways of healing and with the magic that is the human body. Also, I found throughout my life that I was happiest when I was educating/teaching people and when I was doing something that empowered someone or helped someone be the best version of themselves. I also was kind of an academic “nerd” through my school years and really valued high academic rigor. When I found out that there was an academically rigorous, scientifically based 4-year medical program in natural medicine, it was an instantaneous “knowing” that this was what I was going to do with my life! I feel blessed to do what I do. It is an extremely stimulating and dynamic profession and it brings me so much joy to be able to play a part in my patient’s wellness!
What conditions I love to treat:
- Gastrointestinal conditions or digestive complaints
- Candidal infections
- Thyroid and adrenal related disorders
- Auto-Immune conditions
Things you may not know about me:
- I love getting sweaty. I’m super active and love running, beach volleyball, yoga and dancing.
- I’m currently learning how to salsa – so fun!
- I’m super competitive and play both tennis and pool competitively.
- I have a serious case of wanderlust and travel regularly.
- My favorite trip thus far? Biking the east coast of Australia with my own two feet.
- I’m on a continual mission to better myself. We all have our individual strengths and struggles, but in the end, we’re all on this journey together.
- I strive to become a better version of myself each day and create a where I can shine and flow (and then? I try to help my patients do the same!)
To learn more about Dr. Martinez, check out her personal website! www.drchristinamartinez.com
"The results have been quite remarkable. I have been trying to be well since my 20’s and I am 62. I have seen many MD’s, Specialists, all types of practitioners of alternative medicine. I have tried many products and approaches. I have been on several diets, including a strict macrobiotic diet for 4 years. And still I was not well. In fact my health declined severely. The most frustrating thing was not having a definitive diagnosis. I always felt I was “shooting in the dark”.
Dr. Martinez found the real Cause of my poor health! I now know what is causing it and what systems in my body have been affected by it.
I finally feel that I am truly healing and managing the symptoms. I was mostly bed-bound when she first saw me!! Now I am able to be up and around doing activities I enjoy. My strength and stamina are returning.
Moreover, I really love how she listens and takes to time to prescribe a personalized and thorough treatment plan. I love how she continuously monitors my treatment plan and keeps upgrading it to suit my changing health needs. I feel that I am in her constant, ongoing care, and not just seen and forgotten until the next visit.
Dr. Martinez has opened my eyes to the many ways I can incorporate daily habits and routines to support my bodies healing and recovery. She explain the importance of each and I now understand how everything she suggests ties in to create better health.
I would absolutely recommend her services. In fact, I already have and will continue to do so." ~ Kathy
"My name is Patricia and Dr. Martinez has been my physician since 2009. I have had nothing but positive experiences over the years. Dr. Martinez treats my general health and specific illness.
She concentrates on wellness of the mind, body, and spirit. She identifies and remove barriers to good health by helping to create a balanced internal and external environment. I cannot express enough how grateful I am for the quality of medical care I receive.
Although she does prescribe pharmaceuticals, band-aids are not a cure and her goal is not to apply band-aids to my medical conditions. She often says the whole body is connected. She is determined not to just treat symptoms but to get to the root cause.
Dr. Martinez is VERY knowledgeable, kind, compassionateand thorough. She allows me to freely express ANY concernsthat I have without dismissal or offense. I wish this was true forall doctors. My time in the exam room often exceeds an hour; she REALLY listens. I wish everyone could see Dr. Martinez, she is amazing. She has treated a few of my friends. One of them feels that it is worth the drive from north county to see her.
Naturopathic Doctors (ND) used to be reserved for the rich and famous. Like all doctors, ND’s will give you a referral or prescribe a pharmaceutical prescription when required. In addition topharmaceuticals my treatment consist of dietary changes, lifestyle modification, herbal, homeopathy and nutritional supplements.
I am very blessed to receive rock star treatment from Dr. Martinez. Thanks to the science based medical care that I receive from Dr. Martinez, my health is improving." ~ Patricia
"I cannot think of anyone better than Dr. Martinez for a primary care physician and better yet a naturopathic doctor!
Dr. Martinez is a warm and kind person. She remains professional but approachable, aggressive yet sensitive, and most importantly compassionate. It is reflective in her work and how she treats her patients. She is also patient and transparent. I think this is what brings a lot of meaning to her line of work and what has brought me a lot of healing as well.
Dr. Martinez provided a thorough assessment of my medical history and asked questions outside the box like “Were you ever exposed to asbestos?” and “Did you drink a lot of dairy?” She ordered a comprehensive blood draw including a test for a gene defect, Lyme disease, and hormone levels. I also got a food allergy test. I remember thinking, “Why didn’t other doctors do this?” Dr. Martinez enlightened me on the deficiencies occurring in my body and broke down every detail behind my lab results. We worked together to come up with a good combination of diet and supplementation to get my health back on track. She helped me gain control and rule out sensitivities through an elimination diet, detox and integrative medicine. After 1 year under her care and now almost 1 year independently caring for myself, I can honestly say the fatigue and pain that use to haunt me is nonexistent! I am more in tune with the physiological needs of my body and much more knowledgeable about eating and living healthier on a day-to-day basis!
It is nice that Dr. Martinez makes some time to answer your basic questions via email. She follows up and makes sure you are doing well. She also leaves you content with a plan after each appointment without ever making you feel rushed. I like that she is personable and while maintaining the patient-doctor relationship can also share a very down-to-earth side that makes for an enjoyable time! I always looked forward to seeing her despite being sick.
I would highly recommend Dr. Martinez to those who are suffering from many unknown health factors that lead to some sort of chronic fatigue or general body weakness and/or pain. She will do her best to get to the bottom of things and help you get back on your feet. Dr. Martinez is also great for those who are interested in feeling better and maintaining good health overall!
Just because Dr. Martinez is nice does not mean she will not tolerate you being late or lazy. If you are one or the other or both, I suggest you do not waste her time. Being a proactive patient usually helps make for an efficient appointment as you both jog each other’s memory and brainstorm ideas regarding your treatment." ~ Jackie