Dr. Cory Ostroot,
*Each Nourish Medical Center associate provider is an independent contractor working collaboratively to provide complete wellness care for our patients.
Credentials, Education, & Achievements:
- Licensed by the State of California Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Licensed by the State of Arizona Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Biology at Saint Mary’s University Winona, MN.
- Comprehensive Pain Management I, II, III Head Tutor
- Adjunct Professor, South Mountain Community College
- Member of:
• California Naturopathic Doctors Association
• Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association
Why I became a doctor?
- My passion for medicine began when my mother became ill. I remembered her as a superhero when I was young. She worked nights, ran marathons took care of me and my brother. Over a few months her health rapidly declined, and she stayed in bed for most days because of body-wide pain. I began to get very skeptical of our medical system and the solutions that they provide, because the more doctors she saw, the sicker my mother became. She was always hopeful, always seeking another doctor’s opinion. Years later she found a Naturopathic physician who brought her back to the mother I remembered. I became greatly inspired and wanted to pursue this new field of alternative medicine that gave me back my mother. I am forever grateful for this medicine because it healed my mother, and I am committed to helping those suffering from pain in a physical, mental, or spiritual form.
- At the same age as my mother, I started to develop similar symptoms in medical school. Most doctors attributed my pain to playing high-level sports and overactivity, and they recommended drugs and surgery which only worsened my pain. At the end of my rope a Naturopathic Physician diagnosed me with an autoimmune condition. After months of treatment, my depression lifted and my pain was greatly reduced. I decided then and there that my passion is to help return people to the life they were meant to live, while being a conduit for health and wellness. I am looking for those people that are looking for different answers and different results, and my passion extends to those who I can see myself in their struggle for a diagnosis or explanation for their pain.
Who I love to treat:
- Autoimmune conditions (I.E. Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus)
- Sports Injuries
- Unspecific and Body Wide Pain
- Joint related issues (Osteoarthritis)
- Mold Toxicity
- Gastrointestinal Issues
- Mood and Negative Self-thought patterns
Things you may not know about me:
- I teach weekly breathwork classes and lead amazing events and retreats with my girlfriend Jessica. Check out our website to learn more: www.thehealingcouple.com
"Dr. Ostroot is a caring physician that looks at the overall body and mind and finds the best solution. I really appreciate how he teaches you how to obtain good health, not just tells you."
"I have had back problems for years. I saw countless doctors and chiropractors, but nothing ever really helped. It got to the point where I had to stay in bed a lot of the time because of the pain and inability to stand up. Then I found Dr. Ostroot. After working with him for only two months, my pain has decreased by more than 50%. Some days I don’t have any pain at all. More importantly, I am able to get out of bed every day and live my life. Working with Dr. Ostroot has literally changed my life."