Dr. Elana Roumell (Formerly Dr. Gelman)
Naturopathic Doctor, Founder
*Each Nourish Medical Center associate provider is an independent contractor working collaboratively to provide complete wellness care for our patients.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Licensed by the State of California Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Residency, Family Medicine at University of Bridgeport Naturopathic Medical Center
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine with High Academic Achievement, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Whole Foods Nutrition & Health Psychology, Bastyr University
- Advanced Classical Homeopathy Training, The Canadian Academy of Homeopathy
- Professor of Masters Nutrition Courses, The University of Bridgeport Masters of Science Human Nutrition
- Member of:
• California Naturopathic Doctors Association
• Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians
• National Center for Homeopathy
Why I become a doctor?
- When I was 9 years old my little brother died suddenly from asthma. This traumatic experience ignited a lifelong interest in learning about health, medicine and alternative options, especially for the pediatric population. I look back on all the medications my brother was on and, knowing what I know today, I believe we could have saved his life with naturopathic medicine. He inspires me everyday in my practice.
- Being a naturopathic doctor means I get to help kids become as healthy as possible in order to prevent the types of tragedies I witnessed as a young child. There is so much as parents we can do to keep our kids optimally healthy and it would be my privilege to share my knowledge with you. I love understanding family dynamics and meeting you where you’re at in your health goals for yourself and family.
Who I love to treat:
- Kiddos from newborns to teens
- Pregnant mamas
- Mamas-to-be getting ready to conceive
- New mamas navigating motherhood
- Families who want to be well informed about vaccine options and want guidance to come up with an individualized plan for each child
- The proactive mama who wants to treat their child from home. Check out the Nourish Kids Medicine Kit. I created it for mamas like you!
Check out Dr. Roumell’s podcast, Whole Mama's Podcast
Things you may not know about me:
- I love educating mamas. So I joined a podcast called Whole Mamas Podcast, sponsored by the popular Whole30 team. Check out our weekly episodes every Tuesday and over 100 archived past episodes!
- I love to cook healthy food and inspire others to do the same. Follow me on Instagram @DrElanaRoumell and join me in my kitchen!
- I contribute blogs to Naturopathic Pediatrics. The more knowledge I can spread, the better!
- I’ve experimented with dozens of diets throughout my life from raw, vegan, vegetarian, macrobiotic, paleo, weston price, Whole30 and more. With that experience I have created our Nourish Balanced Meal Plan that I am proud to teach my patients. Download for free on our homepage.
- I love taking transformational personal development courses such as Landmark, MITT, and PAX. I am a student for life and will never stop personal development education.
- I have traveled the world taking cooking classes and studying the various health practices of Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, India, Nepal, Israel, Turkey, and Costa Rica. I always travelled alone! It pushed me in ways I couldn’t grow otherwise.
- My biggest accomplishment is the family I am creating. I married a fitness enthusiast, Anthony Roumell, we have a daughter, Aviva Dahlia, (and plan to have more children) and have a rescue dog, Murray. I am grateful for being a mama myself so I can empathize with other mamas and share together on the journey of motherhood.