Dr. Elana Roumell (Formerly Dr. Gelman)
Naturopathic Doctor, Founder
*Each Nourish Medical Center associate provider is an independent contractor working collaboratively to provide complete wellness care for our patients.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Licensed by the State of California Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Residency, Family Medicine at University of Bridgeport Naturopathic Medical Center
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine with High Academic Achievement, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Whole Foods Nutrition & Health Psychology, Bastyr University
- Advanced Classical Homeopathy Training, The Canadian Academy of Homeopathy
- Professor of Masters Nutrition Courses, The University of Bridgeport Masters of Science Human Nutrition
- Member of:
• California Naturopathic Doctors Association
• Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians
• National Center for Homeopathy
Why I become a doctor?
- When I was 9 years old my little brother died suddenly from asthma. This traumatic experience ignited a lifelong interest in learning about health, medicine and alternative options, especially for the pediatric population. I look back on all the medications my brother was on and, knowing what I know today, I believe we could have saved his life with naturopathic medicine. He inspires me everyday in my practice.
- Being a naturopathic doctor means I get to help kids become as healthy as possible in order to prevent the types of tragedies I witnessed as a young child. There is so much as parents we can do to keep our kids optimally healthy and it would be my privilege to share my knowledge with you. I love understanding family dynamics and meeting you where you’re at in your health goals for yourself and family.
Who I love to treat:
- Kiddos from newborns to teens
- Pregnant mamas
- Mamas-to-be getting ready to conceive
- New mamas navigating motherhood
- Families who want to be well informed about vaccine options and create an individualized plan for each child. I offer in-person consults or you can click HERE for my online vaccine course.
- The proactive mama who wants to treat their child from home. Check out the Nourish Kids Medicine Kit. I created it for mamas like you!
Things you may not know about me:
- I love creating. In addition to being the founder of Nourish Medical Center, I’m also the founder of Med School For Moms, where I teach moms how to safely be a Doctor Mom! Visit my website to watch my free mini-course so you can learn how to be your child’s number one health advocate!
- I love educating. I co-host the popular podcast called Whole Mamas Podcast, sponsored by the distinguished Whole30 team. Join over 30,000 listeners from around the world who tune in to our weekly episodes every Tuesday and over 100 archived past episodes!
- I love to cook. I teach and inspire moms how to cook healthy food on my Instagram page @DrElanaRoumell. Follow me and join me in my kitchen!
- I love to share free info! After filming over 150 videos on our Nourish TV, I decided to give blog writing a try! Check out my blogs at Naturopathic Pediatrics. The more knowledge I can spread, the better!
- I love my family. I married a fitness enthusiast, Anthony Roumell, we have two children who inspire my work daily, and a rescue dog, Murray. I am grateful for being a mama myself so I can empathize with other mamas and share together on the journey of motherhood.