Dr. Natasha Monterey,
*Each Nourish Medical Center associate provider is an independent contractor working collaboratively to provide complete wellness care for our patients.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University, San Diego
- Licensed by the State of California Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- BA in International Studies and Spanish Literature from the University of California, San Diego - graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Year-long fertility focused mentorship
- Advanced training in pediatric medicine, bioidentical and thyroid hormone management
Why I became a doctor:
- I wanted to be a pediatrician when I was a little girl but didn’t think I was good enough at math and science. I followed a different educational path until I had my own health issues in my early 20’s and came across a naturopathic doctor. I made an appointment to see her and signed up for classes to complete my pre-med requirements knowing this was the medicine for me! I have had a variety of life experiences that have given me the ability to relate firsthand to patient’s health journeys. I bring a unique combination of empathy and advanced clinical knowledge as well as an ability to meet every patient where they are on their individual health journey.
Conditions I love to treat:
- PEDIATRICS! Everything from well-child checkups to visits for acute or chronic issues like constipation, eczema, ADD/ADHD, and anxiety
- Fertility/ Reproductive medicine
- Hormone balancing/Thyroid management
- Digestive concerns
Things you may not know about me:
- I am originally from a small town in upstate New York but have lived in San Diego for almost 20 years
- I play soccer regularly and love it. Exercise is my favorite form of self-care!
- I recently started a beautiful patio garden
- I love good quality coffee
- I speak Spanish fluently
- I love to cook and host friends
- I am the proud mom to three boys, one in the stars and two here on Earth