Dr. Natiya Guin,
*Each Nourish Medical Center associate provider is an independent contractor working collaboratively to provide complete wellness care for our patients.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Licensed by the State of California Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University of Naturopathic Medicine
- Summa Cum Laude with a Master of Eduction, Loyola Marymount University
- Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of California Santa Barbara.
- Instructor for the University of California system, courses in Medical Ethics.
- Author and self-publisher of the book, A Family That Grows Together, in addition to regular contribution of photography and writing for the Institute For Natural Medicine.
- Member of California Naturopathic Doctors Association (CNDA), American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP), Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM), Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians (PANC)
Why I became a doctor?
- From the time I was a toddler I was surfing, hiking, doing yoga, and was raised with an deep understanding that nature provides profound physical and emotional healing.
- I received my greatest lesson in patient centered medicine when I was recovering from a motor vehicle accident as a child. My best friend and I were hit by a truck while walking home from school and I had to recover not only from the physical pain of breaking over a dozen bones, but also the emotional trauma from seeing my friend hurt. My Mother opted to first treat my spinal injuries with bodywork, chiropractic care, and inflammation reducing herbs and nutrients, before considering the recommended cervical spine fusion. Within three years I was on my High School gymnastics team and won 1st place in my division on Vault… with only natural forms of healing and no surgery.
What conditions I love to treat:
- Whole family consults
- Infants to teens:
- preventive care, digestive issues, vaccine education, and chronic illness
- Pre-conception, pregnancy, and post pregnancy care
- Professional moms
- Art and movement therapy
- Rejuvenation therapies including skin and hair
- PRP Facials and LED light treatment
Things you may not know about me:
- I taught my husband Bobby how to surf, and he taught me everything I know about fitness. We love to compare notes on his Performance Training knowledge and my natural medicine insights.
- I was an 8th grade science teacher for 5 years and created the first after-school yoga and nutrition program in East and Central Los Angeles.
- I starred in a prenatal yoga DVD with the yoga instructor who guided me through all three of my pregnancies.
- When I’m not seeing patients, I’m sharing inspiring healing journeys with my photography business: Portrait of Health. I have photographed over a dozen international yoga magazine covers from LA to London.
- We have three amazing children; our oldest daughter is a competitive gymnast, our middle daughter is the boss of the whole family, and our toddler and I eat avocados together on a daily basis.