Dr. Sandy Colvard,
Naturopathic Doctor, FABNO
*Each Nourish Medical Center associate provider is an independent contractor working
collaboratively to provide complete wellness care for our patients.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Licensed by the State of California Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Licensed by the State of Arizona Naturopathic Medical Board
- Licensed by the State of Maryland Naturopathic Medical Board
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Fellow of the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO)
- Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Neuroscience from Smith College in Northampton, MA
- Previous Director of Integrative Training (Executive Leadership Team) for CHI Healthcare: a multi-disciplinary, primary care clinic in the [Washington, DC area
- Naturopathic Physician at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) hospitals in both Atlanta, GA and Philadelphia, PA.
- Clinical Science Faculty at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine - taught a number of courses including: Cardiology, Nutrition, Business Practice Management, Diversity Training, Neurology, and Clinical Skills Labs.
- Fourteen years of private practice and hospital experience.
- Extensive teaching experience, having served as Attending Physician to both Primary Care and Oncology Resident Physicians in a number of clinical and hospital settings.
- Member of American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) and Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OncANP)
Why I became a doctor?
- While studying Neuroscience at Smith College, one of my professors introduced me to Naturopathic medicine, as an alternative to pharmaceuticals for treating anxiety and depression. I became passionate about treating neurological and mood issues more naturally and decided to apply to Naturopathic Medical School upon graduation. During Medical School, my mother became unexpectedly and mysteriously ill. She passed away suddenly, and we were never able to deduce her cause of death. My further study led me to conclude she was likely ill due to an undetected cancer, and it has fueled a personal passion for the study of Oncology.
- My goal as a doctor is to assist and offer guidance for each patient on their path back to health. Each patient is an individual with their own specific and unique history, conditions, concerns, and abilities. I focus on supporting each patient’s physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual health; working together to create the environment where the body becomes capable of healing itself. Using my medical knowledge along with my naturopathic principles and modalities, I work to diagnose, treat, and provide support and encouragement for each patient that walks through my door.
What Conditions I love to treat:
- Cancer Survivorship & Family Members
- Chronic Disease
- Thyroid/Adrenal Fatigue
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Autoimmune conditions
- GI Issues
- Sports Injuries
Things you may not know about me:
- I love Shetland Sheepdogs! I have had four over the years.
- I am a proud member of the LGBTQ+ community.
- My fiancé, Brandy, and I love traveling, great food, and new adventures!
- I love singing, acting and dancing. In Washington DC, I even had my own band! I still work as a Voice Actor.
- I played AA Softball and USVBA Volleyball for many years.
- My favorite colors are purple and black.
- Coffee. Coffee. COFFEE.