Dr. Koperski's Immunity Tea
Hello from Dr. Koperski!
We’ve all heard the amazing benefits of golden milk, and it truly is a wonderful addition in the Fall. Here’s my take on how to make this delicious drink:
- 1” ginger (grated)
- 1” turmeric root (grated)
- crack of black pepper
- 1 drop of cayenne pepper tincture
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- peel of 1/2 a lemon
- (alternatively cut 1/2 a lemon into slices and muddle into a cup)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp virgin coconut oil
- Honey (to taste)
- Mix ginger, turmeric, pepper, cayenne pepper together to form a paste. Add in lemon juice and peel (or slices that have been crushed).
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil, let it stop boiling before you pour it over the ingredients. Steep 7-10 min, covering the cup with a plate. Strain if you prefer. Add in coconut oil and honey to taste.
Note: And for those times we need something easy, I love using Gaia Herb’s Golden Milk, which has the added benefits of immune & adrenal supportive Ashwagandha. Just add 1 tsp to any type of warm milk (or dairy alternative), stir and enjoy!