Dr. Jessica Peatross,
*Each Nourish Medical Center associate provider is an independent contractor working collaboratively to provide complete wellness care for our patients.
Credentials, Education, & Achievements:
- Licensed by the State of California Medical Board
- Top 1/3 of class
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Worked as a hospitalist for six years before getting functional training
- Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Biology and a minor in psychology from the University of Louisville
- Trained in Gerson therapy, an alternative and intensive treatment for cancer
- Trained in Ozonotherapy and Neuroemotional Technique
- Former medical director at Adventist Hospital in Oregon
- Expert in Cannabis, CBD, and Stealth Infections including Lyme & Mold
Why I became a doctor?
- My whole family works is in the healthcare field and as a kid I was always visiting my parents at the hospital where they worked. It seemed like a natural place and career for me since the discussions around the dinner table were usually about health, science and nutrition. My mom was a dietician and heavily influenced my disciplined diet and exercise regimen.When I was 17, I was in a severe car accident where I sustained a fractured back. My best friend was paralyzed from the event and this pushed me to understand the science of healing and to provide better treatment of chronic pain than what could be provided with addictive narcotics. I became even more interested in healing and medicine because of that tragically scary event. Today I am really driven to change others’ lives through empowerment and true education about health.
What I love to treat:
- Stealth Infections including Mold, Lyme & EBV
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Candida and digestive issues
Things you may not know about me:
- I’m from a small town in West Virginia that became the overdose capital of the USA a few years back due to the opiate addiction. This propelled me to branch out and become educated in cannabis, which is quite successful at treating narcotic addiction and chronic pain issues.
- I was a former gymnast and now an avid yogi. In fact, I’m also a certified yoga instructor
- My only baby is my fur baby, Blaze, my 5 year old dog who I rescued from the Humane Society
- I had a personal awakening in late 2012 after realizing that conventional medicine does not get to the root cause of diseases and often only offers pills to patients. For this reason, I began my functional medicine training as well as Gerson therapy residency and ozonotherapy courses. Although classically trained in western medicine, I practice more like a naturopath with a twist of eastern medicine added in for good measure.
- I began my own business in 2016 and now have my own website where I avidly write and educate the public. I have 100k followers on instagram and 60k on Facebook and enjoy empowering the younger generation.
- I’m a world traveler and enjoy visiting ancient sites the best. Ive been to a yoga retreat in India and all over Bali and Peru by myself. I also love Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, Greece, Italy, Turkey, Spain, and Thailand. I even studied a bit of Ayurveda in India and Bali.
- I love writing, traveling, meeting new people, and…. BLUEBERRIES!
To Schedule with Dr. Jess: CLICK HERE
I found out about Nourish Medical Center after coming across Dr. Jess on Instagram. She is a wealth of knowledge, so I was just interested in seeing where she practiced. During my research, I stumbled across Dr. Roumell's bio & read she specialized in peds. I just had a baby & decided to see Dr. Roumell for my daughter's general health & vaccination questions. This was the best decision for my daughter's & our family's health! If you want a more naturalistic, non-pharmaceutical approach to treating illness or ailments, Dr. Roumell is for you. If you want to stay on top of you & your child's heAlth in a gentle, holistic way, Dr. Roumell is for you.She is so passionate & caring, her enthusiasm to help you & your family makes you excited. My 15 month toddler has recently had an eczema flare & Dr. Roumell has helped get it under control & helped dig deep to try & prevent future flares & rule out triggers. I love how proactive she is! My family & I plan on staying with her & seeing others in the practice
Arnold B.12 yrs ago, I was diagnosed with Dyshidrotic Eczema from my Dermatologist which resulted in blisters on my hands, rashes on my elbows, arms, leg, back and neck that never healed. During this 12 yrs, I've consulted with 6 of the best Dermatologists in San Diego for their feedback. They all told me, it was contact dermatitis and "there is no cure for Eczema". I kept getting prescribe Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 Clobetasol, Triamcinolone and Fluocinonide ointments and creams. They would work for the a 2 week period but during the off time, I'd get new flareups on different parts of my body. This was very upsetting and the last Dermatologist at Scripps gave me a brochure for Dupixent and told me to read up on it and schedule an appointment if I was interested. HECK NO!!I suffered on and off for 12 long years and it got to the point where none of the topical steroids and even Prednisone were no longer effective to clear up my skin. I also got a food allergy tests and found out that I was allergic to Nickel. My wife has helped tremendously by switching all of our household products to natural and chemical free products. She then reached out to Dr. Jess on IG and she suggested Nourish Medical Center, specifically Dr. DJ Sims. It wasn't until my first consultation that she told me that my eczema was caused by bad/leaky gut health and it can help naturally reduce my eczema, even get rid of it. I also had adrenal fatigue which resulted in me losing 30 lbs. I was always tired since the topical steroids have suppressed my adrenal glands. FINALLY SOME HELP!!!!Dr. Sims put me on a strict elemental diet for 2 weeks. Then a protein and vegetable diet, added fish oil, L-Glutamine, Zinc, 10 day gut cleanse, Vitamin D3 for the next 2 months. I'm on month 6 (started my cleanse from topical steroids on Nov 18, 2019) and during this time, I researched about the long term Red Skin Syndrome and Topical Steroid Withdrawl recovering time. I prepared myself that I'll have to suffer for the next year or so. My whole body did not like the lapse of topical steroids and after a month my body was covered with rashes. My hands were red and swollen. I kept my skin hydrated with un-petroleum ointment as well as other products to help keep my cool my skin. It helped keep my skin hydrated to a certain degree but it was very uncomfortable when I put my clothes on. I absolutely hated every minute of it. Thanks to Dr. Sims, she suggested to try the Kamedis Eczema Therapy cream and wash. This cream has helped out my skin tremendously. The red patches all over my body have shrunk and dried out. Some of the deep eczema wounds are just a darker pigment of my skin and most importantly, my skin is no longer red, burns and itches. I can actually take a regular shower with luke warm water now, I can finally sleep 8 hrs w/out waking up every 2 hrs to re-apply the un-petroleum ointment and most importantly, clothes feel comfortable on my skin. I'm about 6 months into this journey and even though I'm not fully healed, my body is 98% better.. THANK YOU Dr. DJ SIMS and Nourish Medical Center for all of your help!! Not everyone's body is the same and thanks to your precision approach by diagnosing and treating each person individually. I'm finally on the path to full and natural healing.